Hospice of Humboldt is a non-profit agency, governed by a Board of Directors which sets policy, creates a strategic plan for the future, approves the budget, oversees the finances, and monitors compliance and quality.
The Board members are elected and serve three-year terms. The Board meets every month, and each Board member also serves on one or more committees. Some committees meet monthly, others quarterly, and others only as needed.
The Board of Directors hires and supervises the Chief Executive Officer, Joe Rogers. Joe oversees the day-to-day operations of the agency together with the following Department Directors:
- Dianne Keating, Director of Finance and Business Services
- Elisa Klan, Director of Nursing
- Amber Madrone, Director of Philanthropy & Community Relations
- Jeanne Reilly, Director of Social Services
- Sarah Shanahan, Director of Human Resources
- Kathy Strickland, Director of Quality
The Directors meet every week to collaborate on issues facing Hospice.
Hospice of Humboldt makes every effort to immediately resolve concerns or issues that arise. If you have any concerns or questions about the medical care you or a family member are receiving, please call us at 707-445-8443.
If you feel your complaint has not been satisfied, please contact the Chief Executive Officer. Complaints can also be given anonymously through our complaint hotline at