Grief Support Group for Teens March 14 through April 18, Tuesdays 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Loss of a loved one can impact teens in many aspects of their lives. This support group provides a safe and supportive environment where teens care share and participate in activities that will be focused on healing and honoring loved ones teens have lost. For more information, or to register, call Autumn or Gretchen at 707-267-9801.
Community Arts Gathering The Messy Side of Grief: Searching for Peace When Things Feel Unfinished: Saturday, March 18, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Losing someone we love is painful. When the death was difficult, when family members are in conflict, or when other stressors exist, healing from loss becomes more complicated. We will acknowledge these complex elements through the creation of a collage or model to better attend to and heal them. To register, call 707-267-9801.
Volunteer Training Saturday and Sunday, March 25 and 26, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Hospice Volunteers bring a special kind of caring to Hospice patients and their families. In this training, Volunteers learn about Hospice service and how to provide care at a time when patients and families need specialized support, a time when care matters the most. For more information, call Dennice at 707-267-9813.
Community Grief Groups meet every week. Below are the locations and times of the groups:
- Every Monday, Arcata: Jacoby Storehouse, 791 Eighth Street, 4th floor, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- Every Wednesday, Eureka: Hospice Grief Support Center, 3327 Timber Fall Court, 5:30 to 7:00 p.m.
- Every Wednesday, Fortuna: Brookdale Assisted Living, 2401 Redwood Way, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- Every Thursday, McKinleyville: Timber Ridge, 1400 Nursery Way, 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
- Every Friday, Eureka: Hospice Grief Support Center, 3327 Timber Fall Court, 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.